You have become the owner of a new iPhone. Perhaps this is your first iOS phone, or maybe you decided to change the old gadget to an updated version. Anyone in such a situation would ask the question of how to transfer data, accounts, and previously configured setup programs to a new device? Our guide will show you how to do it quickly and easily.
Often, you don't even need a pre-installed app. Currently, the user's contacts are usually located on the device itself or in the cloud storage, not on the SIM card. In many cases, Google will help you sync contacts. Apps like Move to iOS and Samsung Smart Switch can also copy contacts.
Copy Contacts from Old Android Phone to New
If you decide to change your Android smartphone to a new one, you can use Google ID to transfer contacts. To do this, the first log into your Google account on your old mobile phone if you weren't signed in when you purchased the device. Then launch the Google Contacts app. Is it not installed? Find it in the app store. Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner and then on "Settings".
In the next window, select "Synchronization settings for contacts". In the sections "Back up and sync contacts on your device" and "Automatically sync Google contacts", you can activate automatic syncing. Thus, all address information is transferred from the internal memory to your Google Drive.
Now go to the smartphone where you want to import contacts. You can also sign in to your device with your Google account. When you log in for the first time, you can directly select what your new mobile phone should sync with Google Drive. If all went well, you should now be able to see your contacts in the Contacts app. No workarounds via SD card.
How to sync data to another iPhone?
Transfer data from Android to iPhone
To transfer data from your Android smartphone to your iPhone, use the “Move to iOS” app, available free on Google Play. Make sure Wi-Fi is active on your Android smartphone and that both phones are connected to a charger before proceeding. Then:
- On your new iPhone, select "Transfer Data From Android".
- On your Android smartphone, launch the previously downloaded application, accept the terms and conditions and click “Next”.
- On your iPhone, you will see a multi-digit code.
- Enter it on your Android smartphone.
All that remains is to select the specific content for transmission. Thus, you can transfer data such as contacts, messages, photos, accounts, calendars, and some free applications.
Transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
If you've used an Apple device before, it's easy to transfer your data and settings. It is enough to use the “Quick Start” function, which will guide you through the entire process. First, you need to make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are active on the devices. Further:
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- Place or hold it next to your current Apple smartphone.
- The screen will display “Install New iPhone”.
- Click the "Next" icon.
- Follow the instructions.
For the function to work 100%, you should take care of the backup of the previously used iPhone saved in your iCloud account.
How to transfer music from Android to iPhone?
Transferring music to iPhone isn't as easy as transferring music to Android, where you just need to copy and paste. To transfer all your favorite songs to your iOS device, you need to do it with the free iTunes program. It is available for Windows and macOS.
- After downloading, connect your Android device to your computer and search for music files on it. In most cases, they are located in the Music folder in the internal storage directory.
- When you find them, select the ones you want to transfer, and then copy them to your computer. After that, you can disconnect your Android smartphone from your computer and connect your iPhone instead.
- Open iTunes on your computer, select the Library option at the top of the interface, and click Music.
- Open the song catalog, drag it to your iTunes library.
- After adding songs to your iTunes library, select your iOS device and click Music. You can sync your entire library, or transfer just the songs, playlists, or artists you want.
To accept the changes, just click the "Apply" button. Music files will be automatically transferred to iPhone memory. Their progress will be displayed at the top of the interface.
How to move a photo from Android to iPhone?
To independently transfer photos and videos taken to a previous smartphone, you must first transfer them from its memory to the computer memory.
- In most cases, files from the Android gallery are located in the internal storage of the phone. The computer displays them in the DCIM folder.
- Open folder, copy photos to PC. Open iTunes, connect iPhone to your computer, and wait for iTunes to detect it.
- Next, click on the word iPhone in the top bar of iTunes. A window will open with information about the iPhone. Go to "Photos" in the list on the left.
- In the next window, click on the option "Synchronize photos", and select "Select folder ..." in the drop-down menu behind the phrase "Copy photos from". Find a folder with photos and click "Select folder".
- Now all you need to do is click "Apply" in the left corner at the bottom of the screen to confirm all changes. Photos should get into the iPhone memory without any problems.
How to avoid losing data stored on your iPhone?
Get in the habit of copying. This can be a simple but time-consuming PC copy. Or by syncing the data with your Google account. The simplest solution would be to back up your iPhone. It is tedious for him to create a backup copy of the data. This is done via iCloud.
- Go to iPhone settings.
- Choose a login name".
- Click the “iCloud” icon.
- Select "iCloud backup".
- Click Back Up Now.
You can check the size of the backup files at any time by going to the same panel. The backups will be done automatically, but it is recommended to force them before restoring the Apple iPhone to factory settings.
How to recover data on iPhone if it was deleted?
Method 1. Recover iPhone Data from iCloud Website
If the user does not want to download a third-party program on the PC, this is the best option. Just go to iCloud.com in your computer browser and sign in to your account. Select the data from the window and find what you want to recover. Finally, save them to your computer.
Method 2. Recover iPhone Data from iCloud to Phone
If you want to manage your data more conveniently, you can download iCloud for PC. Then go to iCloud Drive, mark photos, bookmarks, etc. So, in the future, you can effectively manage them.
Method 3. Recover data from iPhone via USB cable.
If photos and videos from your iPhone have been transferred to your computer, this may be a solution to the problem. Connect your iPhone to your computer, then drag photos from your local computer folder to your device folder. This option only supports transferring media files.
Method 4. Recover Data from iPhone with Google Account
If you are in the habit of syncing data with your Google account, you can use it to recover iPhone data. Go to Google Drive to copy the data to your personal PC. Or sign in to your Google account on the device and sync iPhone data.
- Photos will be archived to Google Photos.
- Contacts will be backed up by Google contacts.