On March 3, Apple announced the release of the third version of the iOS 14.5 operating system in beta testing. The previous version came out two weeks earlier. The developers note that they have thoroughly worked on the updated "apple" firmware. Their efforts were crowned with success, iOS 14.5 beta 3 boasts impressive functionality and a solid palette of changes.
Who is available and how to install a new build on iPhone
Despite the fact that the developers have announced limited access to iOS 14.5 beta 3, everyone can install it now. You can find official beta profiles online and download them to your smartphone. Further, it will be enough to find the downloaded profile in the settings and install it. After that, you should restart the phone and configure the new version in the "update software" section.
Despite the fact that in the third build, the creators fixed a number of early flaws and added many interesting features, it's still worth rushing to install it. In practice, it has been proven that it can take a huge amount of time to eliminate all bugs and vulnerabilities. Also, you expose your smartphone to the risk of losing personal data, even from the cloud storage.
What's new in iOS 14.5
Nevertheless, already now users can familiarize themselves with what awaits fans of all Apple devices in the foreseeable future. Test build 18E5164h features a number of additional changes that affect menus, applications, unlock mode and much more. Interestingly, the corporation made concessions to users, implementing their requirements, which can be seen quite rarely. Let's take a closer look at the impressive list of features.
IOS 14.5 beta 3 update offers:
- unlocking the iPhone in Face ID mode can now be done through Apple Watch, however, taking into account the recommendations for countering the coronavirus, the user must be wearing a mask at that moment;
- the introduction of an anti-tracking system that prevents the possibility of spying on users by application owners;
- clearing sensitive customer data when submitting search queries to Google;
- sites will be prohibited from tracking user actions using mouse clicks, manipulator movements, etc. (so it will become more difficult to form advertising recommendations);
- the ability to replace the standard "Music" audio player with other applications at the discretion of the owner of the phone, for example, Spotify;
- the return of a previously disabled picture-in-picture feature, which can be experienced on YouTube;
- 5G wireless network is now supported on two SIM cards at once, when it comes to iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max;
- through the Wallet app you can quickly assess the client's solvency on the loan (this service is currently available only to residents of the United States of America);
- you can set up a family bank account Apple Card Family to make it easier to track financial receipts and maintain a joint cash budget;
- Workout sessions hosted by Apple Fitness can now be streamed on large-screen Smart TVs;
- in the "Locator" application, it became possible to track geolocations not only of the location of a person, but also of objects, which allows you to closely monitor personal items.
This is not the whole list of innovations that will give iOS 14.5 users, because the developers will continue to work on it.
Read also: Waste sorting centers in Lviv
iPhone' users have long complained that Apple restricts their choice of app for listening to music. The standard Music service remained a monopoly in its industry. But in the world there is a huge number of players that are much better in terms of functionality. The developers heard the pleas of the users, and they got increased opportunities.
When listening to music, the Siri voice assistant will present the user with a choice. However, it is noted that even with the first choice, for example, Spotify, in the future, playback can be performed again through Apple Music, so that the innovation will still have to work.
The “Things” section of the locator is another major change for iOS 14.5 beta 3. Imagine that now you can find not only other Apple devices, but also headphones. In the near future, the introduction of AirTag will further expand the functionality. The innovation hints that finding personal belongings will soon become something incredibly easy. And the new tab can also be used to identify other people's items that a person has found. You can find out the user's contacts and contact him to return the loss. At the same time, thanks to the function of security notifications for things, you can be calm, because the user will always be able to detect surveillance. The mode is enabled by default, and it is possible to disable it, although it is better not to do this so as not to put yourself in danger.
Apple Card Family Sharing is also revolutionary. Sharing a bank card can fundamentally change the idea of introducing a family budget. The developers have revealed new details of the future service. If desired, you can restrict access to individual family members to the transaction history and account balance. Although you can make the information completely open. Unfortunately, the use of Apple Card is still not implemented in our country, so we can only wait for the changes.
Users are very interested in the issue of optimizing the operating system and power consumption. They complained that the previous two beta versions were quickly consuming battery power. These points have been corrected. Now iOS 14.5 beta 3 is much faster and the discharge rate is slower. So with beta 2, you can confidently move to the third version, but users of the operating system 14.4 should stay with theirs for now. The final build offers better performance than the updated version. It may look more interesting, but there are flaws.
When to wait for the release of iOS 14.5 beta 3
The wait is worth it as Apple is introducing truly innovative standards that will improve quality, productivity and safety. In the meantime, you should be patient, especially since the developers constantly offer releases of new applications, and you will not be bored. Just take a look at the launch of the social network Clubhouse in mid-February, which caused a real information boom and made it one of the most popular in the world.
The upcoming update will be one of the largest in recent years. So it's no surprise that millions of apple fans around the world are waiting for the official release. Support for Dual Sense controllers and Xbox Series X, updated emoji - all of this awaits too. Nice nuances that I really want to try. Starting with iOS 14.5, developers will be required to request permission from the user to access his advertising ID, track his actions in applications and Internet activity. In addition, the 5G module in the iPhone 12 will be able to work with two SIM cards at once. How do you like that, Elon Musk?
You may also be interested in: New 2021: Announcement from Apple Developers