The first iPad appeared 10 years ago. During this time, these tablets experienced failures and victories. Apple has decided to launch the iPad Pro. Their goal was to reach an audience of artists, designers, editors and photographers. As a result, these tablets have been successful among such users.
Feature iPad Pro (2020)
- Complete set. The tablet package includes a charger, cable and documentation. You need to buy an adapter and headphones yourself. The outer surface has the image of a tablet on.
- The appearance of the iPad Pro 2020 is similar to the 2018 model. The case is made of aluminium, but because of this the tablet does not support wireless charging. There are two built-in cameras. No Touch ID. To unlock the tablet you need to enter a password or Face ID. iPad allows you to use SIM. The tablet has 5 microphones. This model is perfect for recording a quality podcast. 4 speakers.
- Magic Keyboard. The tablet with such a keyboard is held very securely. Of course, the iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard is more expensive than without the keyboard.
- High quality sensor. The display supports colour space. The screen can also recognize 10 simultaneous touches on it, but only if there is no keyboard. The front surface is made in the form of a glass plate that is scratch resistant. There is True Tone - a feature that adjusts the colour balance to the environment. The sensor has the highest brightness level.
- iPad Pro 2020 is based on the A12Z Bionic chip. The following memory options are available: 128, 256, 512 GB and 1 TB. The iPad Pro 2020 also has 6 GB of RAM, which is a big bonus for users. There is LiDAR, a scanner that provides innovative capabilities for 3D modelling applications. With this feature, all virtual augmented reality objects will look much better near walls or other objects.
- The operation of the camera is identical to the iPhone 11. Works at a high level. In any case, tablets are not designed to work with photos, because this function is better performed by smartphones.
- The tablet can work without recharging for up to 10 hours. Battery life increases when the screen brightness decreases to 60%.
iPad Pro 2020 is a tablet that is very similar to the 2018 model year, but there are differences, namely: additional cameras, a better processor and keyboard.
Apple has set a goal to make the iPad Pro analogue like a computer, but more compact and convenient. The interface of the tablet is convenient. Functionality at a high level. Manufacturers want to add an operating system to phones that are identical to computers.
Read about Adobe Photoshop Mix for photo editing on iOS here.
Who should buy an iPad Pro in 2020?
- If the choice between iPad Pro 2020 and the previous model, it is better - this is the first option. This tablet is better because it has more powerful performance, 6 GB of RAM, a LiDAR scanner and an additional camera.
- If this is the first iPad. Get the first tablet that has such powerful performance and innovative functionality, will give you great emotions.
What is the difference between iPad Pro 2020 and iPad Pro 2021?
- As for the iPad Pro 2021, it has 11 and 12.9-inch screens with additional mini-LED technology. The device looks thinner and also weighs less. There is a True Depth system available, with which you can unlock the tablet with your face.
- The tablet of the new model switched to the Apple M1 processor. The 8-core chip and processor are responsible for performance. Neural Engine support for the 2021 iPad Pro. As for the amount of RAM of the tablet, it is 8 GB, which is more than in the previous model.
- Two models have powerful performance, but the novelty is twice better than its predecessor. But this can be noticed if there is a heavy workload: photo processing, editing or downloading games.
- The newer version of the tablet has a better front camera, which allows you to take better images and shoot great videos.
- This year, the iPad Pro can connect to fifth-generation networks. Nowadays, this is not a big advantage due to its irrelevance.
What do the iPad Pro 2020 and the iPad Pro 2021 have in common?
- The size is completely identical between the two models. There is a slight difference in weight.
- The camera unit is the same.
- Face ID function.
- Availability of the second generation Pencil function.
- Magic Keyboard.
- Autonomy is identical. Two tablets can work up to 10 hours.
iPad Pro 2021 is considered the fastest tablet in its market. The 11-inch tablet costs $799, and the 12.9-inch version costs $1,099.
Additionally, the iPad Pro 2021 comes with the iPad Mini Pro. This device has an 8.9-inch screen, Face ID function and a high-quality camera. In terms of performance, the tablet is based on the A14 Bionic chip. The following RAM options are available: 64, 128 and 256 GB. This iPad is suitable for users who like the compact size and at the same time great functionality.
So, there are differences between iPad Pro 2021 and iPad Pro 2020: the new model wins in efficiency, weight, amount of RAM, front camera. Also, these two models have in common: Face ID, autonomy, Magic Keyboard, Pencil second generation.
Get out about customizing your iPhone and iPad lock screen.
Which tablet model to choose?
If you already have an iPad Pro 2020, you can not buy a tablet model this year. If you are planning to buy your first iPad, then the 2021 tablet will be a great option. Also, iPad Pro 2021 will suit users of such professions: photographers, editors, artists, designers and so on. Because, this device may be needed by people of the creative profession who will help to work on their projects.