Electric cars differ from other cars in that its operation depends on electric motors that are charged by the battery. By the way, such cars appeared earlier than their petrol version.
The first electric car appeared in 1841. Due to the fact that this type of car was not made perfectly, petrol cars had a huge advantage in this market. Interest in electric cars did not appear until 1960, as there were environmental problems in motor transport and a crisis that caused a large rise in fuel prices.
What are the benefits of electric cars?
- no exhaust gases. This means that there will be no harm to the environment;
- electricity is much cheaper than fuel;
- reliability and durability of the car;
- simple design;
- available charge from a regular outlet;
- low probability of explosion during an accident;
- smoothness at a high level.
What are the disadvantages of electric cars?
- batteries work at very high temperatures and also have a high price;
- recharging takes a long time;
- problem with battery disposal.
Read article about air pollution due to pandemic.
The main reasons for the low demand for electric vehicles are their high cost and low mileage from a single charge. Electric cars are expensive due to batteries, namely their shortage. But many manufacturers are working with companies that create batteries for such machines.
Many electric car companies are working to improve them. They are working on batteries so that the car needs a short charge time.
The area, which is surrounded only by electric cars, is great for living, because the ecological environment will be improved, which will affect human health.
By the way, Norway plans to use only electric cars by 2025, completely abandoning cars.
New electric cars charge quickly (about 80% in half an hour). This is more true for the United States and China, while Russia, Ukraine and Europe are lagging behind.
Today there are about 2 million electric cars in the world.
Top 5 most expensive electric cars:
- Genovation GXE ($850,000). Very cool design of this modern car. It is considered the fastest electric car in the world because its speed is higher than 300 km / h. Extremely high power. There is Wi-Fi (also LTE and 4G) and climate control. The car has an ideal weight position of 50:50. There is also an infotainment touch screen and a stereo system with loudspeakers.
- Nio EP9 ($1.5 million). It is made in China. This company wants to compete with models such as Porsche and Lambo. This is a unique model that you just won't find on the road. This model reaches a speed of 313 km / h in 2.7 seconds. It only takes 45 minutes to fully charge the car.
- Rolls-Royce 103 EX ($1.6 million). Cars from this company are considered beautiful. This electric car has exclusive functionality and design. Artificial intelligence is also available. There is no manual control of this car.
- Lotus Evija ($2.1 million). Not just because this car is considered one of the best in the world. This model is better than Bugatti. There will be only 130 copies. British manufacturer. The design is created in the style of minimalism. Only one high quality screen is available.
- Aspark Owl ($3.2 million). This car has the highest speed imaginable. Low landing for the driver. There are different speed modes: sports-dynamic, for driving in the rain and for local comfort. The whole electric car is innovative.
Additional list of known electric cars:
- Porsche Taycan ($103,000). Almost silent sports car. It has high modern technology, incredible power, environmentally friendly and attractive design. Gains a speed of 100 km / h in 4 seconds. It is a pleasure to drive this car.
- BMW i8 Roadster ($163,300). This model has been around for ten years, and it wasn't popular until Tom Cruise rode it in Mission Impossible. The car is powerful and has a comfortable interior.
- Aston Martin Rapide E ($300,000). High car performance. Incredible design. Accelerates to 100 km / s in 4 seconds.
- Audi E-Tron GT ($195,900). The electric car differs from the rest in that it has modern functionality, a wonderful cabin and perfect control. This model was shown in the film "Avengers". The design of the car interior has a very attractive look.
- Tesla Roadster ($200,000). It is fun and comfortable to drive an electric car. This car is not only attractive, but also has high performance and power.
- Tesla Model S ($100,000). The car has 476 horsepower. Speed - up to 250 km / h. The car takes 7 hours to charge.
- Kia e-Niro ($45,000). The design of the car is simply incredible and modern. Power - 204 horsepower, speed - 167 km / h. Many may not like the fact that the car is charged for 10.5 hours.
- Porsche Taycan ($110,000). This is a sports electric car, although you can't say that by design. The car has a range of 462 kilometres. Charging time - 8 hours 40 minutes.
- Jaguar I-Pace ($75,000). It takes a long time to charge - 13.5 hours. Power - 400 horsepower. The maximum speed is 200 km / h. This model is not popular.
- Volvo XC40 Recharge ($80,000). Speed - 100 km / h in 4.9 seconds. Charging time - 8 hours. Modern and attractive design.
- BMW IX3 ($77,000). The features are great for this price. The maximum speed is 200 km / h. Engine power - 286 horsepower. The charge takes 8 hours.
- Tesla Model X ($95,000). Modern car design. All functionality at a high level.
Thus, each model of electric car has its advantages and disadvantages. There is a wide range of such machines. To buy such a car, you need to consider many criteria, as well as the availability of charging stations. If you buy just such a car, the environment will be better.
Remember that electric cars are the future!