Apple has seen the need to create wireless charging, and all recent smartphones have this capability. Despite the fact that iPhones are slow to charge wirelessly, many users prefer modern technology over the usual cable with a block as before.
The magnetic device is quite convenient. For example, when making a call, you do not need to disconnect the phone from the cable to answer, you just need to pick up your smartphone. In addition, this look wears out much more slowly. Well, for many, visual appearance is not the last, they look great.
If it was decided to purchase such a device, the user may have difficulties, because today in stores you can see devices with very different capacities. It is better to choose such a charge wisely.
How does the iPhone charge with the new technology?
The whole process looks very simple. You need to put the iPhone on the device, and the entire recharging process is activated. Apple has created the most convenient technology. There is no need to make any adjustments or do anything else.
But, there are points that are better to take into account:
- the smartphone will not charge if you put it with the screen down;
- it is better to remove the cover, otherwise there may be some difficulties in the supply of energy through the air;
- do not place objects between the device and the phone;
- while connected to the power supply, when receiving calls and messages in vibration mode, the smartphone may move from its place, and the process of energy supply will be disrupted;
- wireless charging is not characterized by a fast method of energy transfer, if you need to quickly charge your smartphone, it is better to pay attention to traditional devices.
Wireless charging is simple and convenient to use, but not suitable for every user.
What kind of wireless charging does a smartphone from Apple support?
The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also began supporting the new technology. And it was from that time that the developers began to improve this technology. There are rumors that one of the new generation gadgets will be devoid of standard connectors and can only be recharged wirelessly.
The first wireless devices could support 5W of power. And only after the update to iOS 11.2, support for 7.5W appeared.
And for the release of the new line, namely the iPhone 12 in 2020, the company did not change the power. But, last year, 15W wireless charging appeared.
In fact, every smartphone from the company, starting from the 8th generation, will be able to accept a new 15W charge. But, there is one caveat, namely that such an opportunity is only available with the MagSafe standard.