All Apple product owners understand what iCloud is, but they still often ask questions about how to solve this or that problem. The article describes in detail the workflow of iCloud sync. Read on to find out the most important facts about using Apple branded storage.
What is iCloud?
iCloud is cloud storage for Apple devices. It stores user data, through which information, programs and applications are synchronized between devices. Thanks to him, the user has access to his data from all devices, wherever he is.
After registering Apple ID, iCloud storage is automatically received along with free 5 GB of space. There is a paid data plan to increase cloud space.
It also saves backups, you can find a lost device and share photos. The buyer should be aware that there are no size restrictions on the photo in the cloud, but there is quantity: the last 1000 photos are stored for 30 days, after which they are deleted.
Apple took care of its users and made cloud storage as useful and convenient as possible. This is why iCloud is so indispensable.
- Update and share photos, make purchases. Pictures taken and purchases are immediately available on connected devices.
- "Reminders", "Notes", "Calendar", "Contacts" and "Mail" are also linked, so any changes are displayed on all devices.
- Access to your Mac, so you can control it from another Mac over the Internet.
- Do not be afraid of loss, in this case the device can be easily tracked, blocked and erased from it.
- iCloud Drive allows you to work with documents and have access to them on a device convenient for you.
- The keychain stores logins, passwords, and card information that are only available on connected devices.
- Family Sharing or one purchase from Apple Online Stores for the whole family.
In addition, automatic or manual backups are available. That is, the main feature of iCloud is the general synchronization of all data between connected devices and easy access to the necessary information.
What is sync?
The article has already mentioned this concept many times, but let's understand it more precisely.
The word itself comes from the adjective "synchronous", which means "simultaneous" in Greek. It is used in many areas, but in this case it is associated with bringing information from different devices to a single, common state.
ICloud sync is the update and transfer of data between Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Thanks to it, the same current versions of elements are saved on all devices. For example, adding a movie on Mac, you can sync it with iPhone and then continue watching where you left off on your PC.
Available for synchronization:
- "The calendar";
- photos, videos, books;
- browser bookmarks.
When connected to a Mac, the device appears in the Finder sidebar. This window shows all possible options for managing and synchronizing information.