Do not discharge the iPhone completely
The fact is that each time you discharge the iPhone completely and then charge again, there is one full charge cycle. On average, a battery loses 20% of its capacity in 400 cycles, so experts do not recommend discharging your gadget to 0%. It's best to charge when you see a message on the screen stating that your iPhone's battery is low. This message usually appears when the battery has dropped to 20%.
Do not overheat your device
The battery consists of many chemical elements that interact with each other. Too high or low temperatures have a detrimental effect on the performance of these chemical elements. Therefore, we recommend that you follow the following operating rules:
- Do not leave your device in the sun in summer;
- Do not bring your iPhone near an open flame or keep it close to the stove when cooking;
- Do not carry the phone in the cold without a protective cover;
- When charging, remove the protective cover from your device so that it does not overheat.
In the official recommendations of Apple, you can read that the best temperature for using the iPhone is from 0 to 35 degrees. In addition, you should not take the device with you to the bathroom, as moisture or water will also adversely affect the further operation of your gadget.
Use a good charger
Most of us use Chinese chargers, which are more affordable. However, have you ever wondered how badly this charger affects your battery? A bad charger is not able to distribute energy correctly, but only mimics such correctness. Thus, it puts an excessive load on the charge controller and adversely affects both the battery and the controller. Another life hack that will help you save battery power - do not use wireless charging, as they already put a lot of strain on the battery.
Can I use the phone while charging?
As we said, your smartphone has a special charge controller. If you play games and charge the device at the same time, you put a heavy load on the device, which in turn causes overheating. And as we already know, heating the iPhone is harmful to the battery.
What to do if the battery on the iPhone does not hold well?
The best solution if the iPhone battery drains quickly is to replace the battery on the iPhone, but you can try to calibrate it by following these steps:
- Wait until the device is completely discharged. Leave it for another hour so that the residual energy is completely gone;
- Connect the gadget to the charger and wait for it to charge to 100%. After that, leave it to charge for another hour;
- Then actively use your device, turn on the music, start the game and very quickly discharge the gadget to 0%. After that, also leave it for an hour;
- Repeat this procedure several times;
- In principle, that's all.
Note that if calibrating the battery did not help you, you should definitely contact a service center to replace the battery.