Along with the purchase of a new smartphone, many users also buy accessories to protect the device, preventing it from being damaged during daily use. In addition to the protective cover, no less important element is the protective glass, which preserves the integrity of the display and protects it from various chips, scratches or cracks. The choice of this attribute should be treated most responsibly, because in the case of gluing low-quality glass, the functionality of the iPhone may be impaired, for example, the image may be distorted, or the sensor may not function properly, and so on.
3D protective glass pros and cons
The 3D protective glass covers the screen completely and is bent to the shape of the device body. This product is able to provide a high level of security for the display, but even it is not without its drawbacks. One of these is the complexity of gluing and the probability of making a mistake when performing this procedure, after which the accessory will no longer be usable, because it will not be able to fully perform its task of protecting the screen.
This glass completely repeats the front of the smartphone and has the appropriate cutouts for the speakers and front camera, making it almost invisible after gluing, so in no way spoils the appearance of the device. 3D glass from a proven manufacturer does not distort colors, and the oleophobic coating provides excellent finger slip and protects against prints and stains. Protective properties of this product at a high level, the appearance of scratches is virtually eliminated, and you can break it only after the smartphone falls from a great height, in addition, even in this case, the damage may be minor.
The protective glass 9D is what it is?
In the new 9D glass, the highest strength of the material is combined with the use of innovative light filters, thanks to which the light transmission coefficient reaches 99%. The advantages of such products include:
- Products marked "9H" have improved quality of the primary hot surface, as a result of which they are even more resistant to scratches;
- The small thickness of the glass ensures accurate transmission of touches and, accordingly, the correct operation of the sensor, which is especially important for interaction with new iPhone models through gestures;
- The surface of the protective glass is covered with an oleophobic film, which repels grease and prevents the formation of greasy stains and prints;
- The presence of an antistatic membrane and a high-quality adhesive layer, warns against the appearance of air bubbles and other artifacts on the screen after gluing the glass;
- The products have a rounded geometry and completely cover the front part of the device body, thanks to which they do not affect its aesthetic component at all.
Many manufacturers mark 9D protective glass with the inscription 9H Hardness to once again make it clear to the buyer that this product has increased resistance to scratches and damage. Without going into details, this designation indicates that scratches on such glass can be formed only with the help of the hardest material - diamond. This means that this glass allows you to carry your smartphone with keys and other sharp objects, and at the same time, no scratches are formed on the screen.
What is the difference between 3D protective glass and 9D
In fact, the characteristics of the protective glass 9D are almost identical to the glass 3D, and the difference can be seen only after gluing the product to the iPhone. The differences are in the thickness of the glass itself, 9D is thinner, and accordingly transmits light better and responds more accurately to touch the screen, however, in practice these differences will be very difficult to notice. Most users confirm the opinion of professionals that 9D glass is the same 3D, and another designation is nothing more than a marketing move.
In fact, there is nothing wrong with this, but some Chinese manufacturers have even begun to come up with the designation 99D, 999D, which, no doubt, in no way reflect the real properties of such products. Therefore, as mentioned earlier, the choice of protective glass should be approached carefully, a quality accessory can not be too cheap, at best, such glass will shatter at the first blow, and at worst, can distort the display image and disrupt its sensory response.
So which is better 3D or 9D? How to choose protective glass for iPhone? If you bought a new device, of course, you want the accessories to be as new as possible, in which case 9D glass will be a good option, but again, do not take cheap Chinese products, because no common properties with those described above they do not have. If the novelty does not matter, 3D, 4D, 5D glass can also be a good protection for the screen of your iPhone.
How to glue glass on an iPhone
To properly apply a protective coating on the smartphone screen, you must strictly follow the instructions, otherwise there is a chance to damage the glass itself, or stick it in the wrong way, which will lead to inconvenience when using the device.
Before choosing the glass for the iPhone, carefully examine the packaging, it must be tight to exclude the possibility that the product was damaged during transportation. Also examine the substrate to which the glass is attached, if it is damaged, most likely the adhesive layer will also be broken. In the packaging of high-quality protective glass always put a napkin, or several, and there may be an adhesive sticker, which removes dust from the display.
The gluing process is as follows:
- Removal of glass from a plastic substrate;
- Next, you need to attach the glass to the screen and carefully set it in the right position, the easiest way to navigate the slots of the camera or speaker. Do not panic if you miss, because the glue does not set instantly, you still have the opportunity to move the "protection" in the right position;
- When you can install the glass properly, press it in the center and hold for a while, then make sure that the product is completely glued to the screen.
If self-gluing causes you some difficulties, or you just do not want to do it, you can always go to a specialized salon, including the seller of the store where you buy protective glass.